About the General Motors SAP Operations Team:
The SAP Operations team is responsible to manage incidents, service requests and corrective CRs to avoid a potential interruption or reduction in the quality of a service to the GM Business Users. SAP Operations is focused on preventive, adaptive and corrective maintenance activities.
About the role:
- Monitor performance of SAP landscapes globally
- Maintain effective system maintenance procedures to ensure smooth, uninterrupted system operation.
- Monitor SAP system alerts and fix them as part of 24x7 support model
- Develop and implement system copies and data refreshes as required to support production schedules
- Develop and implement system migrations using appropriate basis tools to replicate production environments
- Problem determination and troubleshooting
- System performance and tuning
- Systems administration and operations
- Perform installation, upgrades, system copies and configuration of Net weaver application and components
- Knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure and networking
- Applying SAP maintenance for ABAP and Java applications
- Experience with installation of ECC 6.0 Java Portal XI/PI DMS BI/BW Business Objects;
- Experience with system monitoring application of software patches and OSS Notes
- Experience with data base monitoring.
- Specific operating systems skills preferred would be AIX and/or Linux; HPUX with an Oracle data base.
- Masters Degree in Information Technology
- At least 2-3 years experience in Lead SAP Basis installation and configuration
- At least 2-3 years experience in Experience with installation of ECC 6.0 Java Portal XI/PI DMS BI/BW Business Objects.
- At least 3 years experience in Knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios
- At least 3 years experience in Knowledge of technical infrastructure and networking
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date: Jun 27, 2013, 11:56:08 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology