SAP Development Manager
About the General Motors GM SAP COE team:
The innovation behind the SAP COE team is another example of how GM is breaking down the walls of conventional technological thinking. GM’s new SAP COE team is responsible for developing and delivering global solutions on our core SAP platforms.
As part of SAP COE team you will have the opportunity to work and contribute in a large and dynamic environment with numerous SAP instances across the globe. As a Basis Administrator you will have the opportunity to work along-side project team members in scoping and validating existing environments to ensure optimal performance for the global SAP landscape.
About the role:
GM offers a career in SAP which will expand your knowledge and provide opportunities to lead development and delivery for one of the world’s largest SAP implementations. This is a chance to develop your skills and expand your capabilities across a number of SAP modules across a global organization. This is a challenge which will enable you to grow as a top SAP delivery professional.
• Work with leading technologies from SAP and the latest integration and support packages
• Solution delivery for global process teams focusing on the development and integration of legacy SAP instances
• Ability to work on large scale global implementations as well as smaller, faster innovative challenges
• Responsible to prioritize work across multiple projects for delivery coordination
• Responsible to manage a team of development resources and have managerial responsibility
• Responsible for team building, talent management, career development and HR-related processes for 10-15 team members
• Leadership and project management activities including estimate development, issues and risk management, critical path assessment, and resource modeling
• Responsible to develop a framework for non-functional requirements to optimize the solution for delivery
• Engage in project management activities including estimate work, issues and risk, risk management, critical path assessment, and resource modeling
• Responsible for overall technical design and development objects within the legacy SAP landscape
• On-going training and development in SAP and the latest delivery techniques
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience in SAP project life cycle deployments and/or sustain operations
• 10 plus years’ experience in ABAP development activities associated with an SAP system
• Extensive knowledge and skill in ABAP programming, SAP data dictionary and file structures, ALE, RFC, IDOC, Workflow, Web services; as well as BAPI, BADI, enhancement framework (need to refine this line a bit more)
• Experience with SAP modules including FI/CO, MM, SD, and & IDOC/EDI interfaces
• Managerial experience with teams leadership responsibility for 10-15 resources
• Ability to coordinate resources and priorities across multiple projects and groups
• Experience working in a multi-instance global organization
• Ability to motivate teams to achieve tight schedules and resolve issues quickly
• Experience in working with outsourced service providers
• Project management experience
• 10 years’ experience in SAP development experience including responsibilities for multiple SAP R/3 and ECC system landscapes
• Technical Lead/Management role in at least 2 large scale SAP system deployment projects
• Prior PI/XI experience a plus
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date: Jan 28, 2014, 7:36:28 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology