About the General Motors SAP Operations Team
The SAP Operations team is responsible to manage incidents, service requests and corrective CRs to avoid a potential interruption or reduction in the quality of a service to the GM Business Users. Global SAP Operations is focused on preventive, adaptive and corrective maintenance activities.
About the role:
The SAP FI / CO Operations Analyst is responsible for the flawless operation of the technology and processes related to the SAP FI / CO module. This role assists the project teams during the design/development/rollout of large-scale SAP FI / CO solutions with focus on sustainability and post-implementation support. He/she will provide functional knowledge & develop deliverables within the context of the individual role.
He/she will assist the user community in identification and remediation of all production issues related to SAP FI / CO module. He/she must have knowledge of master data structures and basic processes in order to identify and correct any production related issues in the SAP FI / CO module (but not limited to the SAP FI / CO module).
He/she gathers operations redesign requirements and support the testing (regression, health checks, etc.) and implementation of package-based application software.
The SAP FI / CO Operations Analyst is responsible to build expertise in interface and data conversions used in the productive environment as well as gain knowledge in this regard of new functionality going to be deployed. Deep knowledge of SAP FI / CO integration with the Logistic Modules of SAP is desirable.
The position must maintain conceptual understanding of enterprise software package solutions and related implementation/operations issues from a technical perspective.
He/she establishes credibility at all levels within the user community and builds problem-solving partnerships with users and colleagues. The SAP FI / CO Operations Analyst will assist in any project development activities related to SAP FI / CO to assure that the delivered system is designed for sustainability and long term support.
- Knowledge of master data structures and basic processes in order to identify and correct any production related issues in the SAP FI / CO module
- Knowledge of the SAP PS (Project system) and it’s integration with other modules
- Experience in New GL and parallel ledger on a global template in SAP ECC 6.0
- Experience working with Master Data Governance for Financials (MDGF)
- Experience with interfaces and IDOCS relating to SAP FI / CO module
- Experience with Project management using Solution Manager
- Experience with Invest to Divest (ITD) and Record to Report (RTR)
- Strong technical abilities to understand the complex interface structure in highly integrated landscapes
- Ability to direct the activities of ABAP resources to correct deficiencies identified in deployed systems
- At least 6 years’ experience working with the SAP FI / CO module of SAP
- At least 2 full cycle SAP deployments
- Experience in working in an Global SAP Operations organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex and demanding environment
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential
- SAP E2E Root Cause Analysis certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date: Mar 27, 2014, 1:38:52 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology