SAP Deployment and IME Purchasing Operations Analyst-FIN0005270
This is a newly created position, reporting to the Global Procurement Transition Manager. The role of the SAP Deployment and IME Purchasing Operations Analyst is to support the SAP Deployment team, Procurement Operations and Transaction Center Optimization (TCO), and facility Indirect Material Coordinators. This role will also work with the Operational Excellence team and other area subject matter experts as part of the Indirect Materials project.
Additionally, the SAP Deployment and IME Purchasing Operations Analyst will:
- Support Indirect Materials Project activities; including site assessments, current / future state mapping, development of policies, processes and KPIs, and implementation activities as required
- Support the SAP Deployment team with developing tools and processes for Indirect Material operations
- Support long-term global transition in phases - Initial Lift and Shift; support the implementation of additional scope of services; support the implementation of Item Master coding on a global basis; support the addition of Direct business transactional work; support legacy systems decommissioning and ramp up of SAP globally; and Integration with Financial Shared Services to drive E2E RTP optimization
- Develop effective Communication Plans and Process Documentation to support all SAP Deployment and Indirect Material Operations
- Facilitate communication and reporting as appropriate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Support provisioning and analysis of exception reports when necessary to highlight significant risks and issues to senior management
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with senior executive stakeholders and senior business leaders of departments
- Ability to organize and work effectively with complex global project teams or staff from department and agencies participating in this effort
- Demonstrated experience and relevant expertise in SAP and Indirect Material operations
- 2-3 years of applicable business experience in Materials Management
- Familiarity with GM IM&E Purchasing environment including policies, processes, working relationships and systems, including SAP
- Experience at working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, manufacturing personnel, and other departments
- Ability to defuse tension among project team or other stakeholders, should it arise
- Ability to support successful completion of projects through political sensitivity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Customer service skills an asset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Knowledge Skills: Company Policy, Indirect Materials Procedures, Indirect Materials Best Practices, Operational/Process Management, Procurement Process, Sourcing Process, System and Technology
- PC Proficiency: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project), Reporting & Analysis Tools, ERP systems - preferably SAP
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressures; able to make quick decisions; makes good decision based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; sought out by others for advise and solutions; uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer; can decide and act without having the total picture; can effectively cope with change.
Drive for Results: Takes prompt action to achieve objectives; is positive; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results; pursues everything with energy, drive, and a reason to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; doesn't blame others for his/her own mistakes or misrepresent him/herself for personal gain or protection.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Teamwork: Works effectively with team or those outside the formal line of authority to meet customers' needs and accomplish goals; demonstrates commitment by visibly supporting the work and decisions of the team; finds common ground with others with different work styles; offers assistance and support to others; maintains a constructive, positive outlook in working with others.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Posting Date: Apr 28, 2015, 10:16:48 AM - Ongoing