IT Compliance Manager-INF0011767
Manager – IT Compliance
About the General Motors Security team:
GM’s Cyber Security Management Team protects and defends the company’s information, networks and infrastructure. We are looking for talented Information Security and Risk Management Professionals in the fields of incident response, cyber-intelligence, enterprise security architecture, digital forensics, application security and compliance with the passion and expertise to perform in a complex, global environment amidst today’s evolving threat landscape.
About the role:
The Manager – IT Compliance role supports the activities of the IT Compliance group with exposure to the areas of IT Risk Management and Compliance. This role will be responsible for leading and executing projects at the direction of the assigned director / manager, communicating program goals and objectives to IT and Business management and supporting achievement of the group’s operational objectives.
- Lead a leveraged / virtual team (GM, Suppliers, Co-Source Assessors and Deloitte) to ensure overall IT compliance requirements are delivered.
- Provide day to day oversight and direction to team members
- Manage assigned scope of compliance related activities
- Ensure assessment activities are completed on time, per established deadlines
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of worked performed
- Drive timely identification and resolution of control deficiencies / issues
- Conduct root cause analysis and Assist IT Leadership in developing action plans to mitigate identified issues
- Represent IT compliance in various forums with key internal and external stakeholders
- Act as an IT controls SME, and provide meaningful recommendations on how to improve the control environment or increase efficiency / effectiveness of operations.
- Train and educate the IT community on the importance of Compliance and Controls.
- Assist in defining control requirements and frameworks for IT
- Provide input to the IT Security Policy and Practices.
- Utilize Compliance tools to support efficient management of Compliance and meaningful reporting to leadership.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of Compliance data and related reporting.
- Support efforts to operationalize IT controls
- Establish new and improved processes to improve Compliance within the IT organization
- Prioritize efforts based on overall risk to GM.
- 5-7 years’ experience in managing /executing internal or external audits, or conducting IT compliance assessments (SAP preferred, SOX preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in leading global teams.
- Sound knowledge of internal controls industry standards such as COBIT, COSO and ISO 27002.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Sound understanding of concepts and terminology in security domains including governance, risk management, architecture, compliance, and operations and able to express them in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners and key internal / external stakeholders to meet mutual goals required.
- Ability to formally present and communicate to senior management.
- Expertise in documenting concepts intended for technical audiences.
- Extensive ability to grasp and understand technical concepts and transform them into usable documented material for non-technical users.
- Absorb, retain and organize information gathered from multiple sources and in a variety of formats.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong Program and Project Management skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently, with minimal direction, and manage workload with organization to meet expectations and objectives.
- Experience in creating user awareness guides, tips and techniques, online help, and other forms of security documentation.
- Understanding of infrastructure and network security controls.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to the job responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills – the ability to facilitate and negotiate outcomes and decisions, and resolve areas of dispute in a constructive way.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a management team in terms of resource sharing and allocation, collaboration and cooperation, sharing information with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or related field acceptable with three years of experience in information technology.
- Obtained certifications in one or more of the following Preferred:
- CIA, CISM, CISA, CISSP, CGEIT or CRIS
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2015, 9:41:03 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology