Sr Buyer Machinery & Equipment-PUR0004642
IME – Machinery & Equipment – GMCH Plants
Buyer or Senior Buyer -
6 or 7 level – Senior Buyer - Warren, MI
General Purpose of Position:
Primary responsibility for procurement of Machinery & Equipment for GMCH plants. This includes developing and implementing sourcing strategies whileworking with key stakeholders primarily located in Lockport New York, RochesterNew York, Grand Rapids Michigan, and Kokomo Indiana. Thisrequires preparing and completing sourcing presentations to various levels ofmanagement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage suppliers under theguidance of Quality, Service, Technology, and Price strategies. This includes sound understanding of requiredprogram lead times, supplier lead times and capacities. Building and maintaining strong supplierrelations.
· Active participation with keystakeholders – learning and understanding their manufacturing processes andequipment requirements
· Ability to learn and develop strategiesbased on changing market developments, marketpricing and technology trends
· Support in developmentand execution of team business plan to meet budget and business priorities
· Adheres to Corporate purchasing and accountingpolicies and procedures
· Utilize GPSC Sourcing Process to manage Sourcingpackages
· Utilize GPSC Sourcing Process (RequestFor Quotation, Analysis of Quotation, Source Selection) to establish acapable/competitive global supply base
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering orBachelor of Arts in a Business related field
· Project Management Skills
· High level capability to functionindependently
· Highly proficient communication skills
· Understand basic Engineering documents
· High level knowledge (or ability tolearn) of equipment being purchased
· Knowledge of plant products,manufacturing processes and departmental relationships
· High level of analytical ability
· Demonstrate technical and professionalskills in job-related area required
· Appropriate interpersonal styles andcommunication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutualgoals required
· Knowledge of computer software (MS Word,Excel, Powerpoint, Internet Research)
· Purchasing Experience, including abilityto learn purchasing systems in SAP, GPS,Olimpic, OLAS, ODM, ?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date: May 4, 2015, 7:48:07 AM - May 18, 2015, 10:59:00 PM