SAP Senior Java Developer-INF0011868
The SAP Senior Java Developer is responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development project methodology. The SAP Senior Java Developer will work hands-on writing code based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Developers may specialize in a particular software package or coding language. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new programs to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral...), application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
1. Full life cycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
2. Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
3. Software testing and quality assurance
4. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
5. Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
6. Integrate software with existing systems
7. Maintain standards compliance
8. Implement localization or globalization of software
9. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks. Provides guidance and coaching to associate software developers.
10. Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts as part of coding.
11. Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
12. Ensure development artifacts are in alignment with patterns/ frameworks designed by software engineering teams
Candidate will have 10+ years of experience in Enterprise Java and Web development with experience in the following technologies:
Java EE – AJAX, JSON, SAP JCo, JUnit, MVC, EJB, Struts, Spring
Tools including: Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, TFS, ALM, SVN
Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, XML, SOAP, REST, JSTL, Tomcat
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, UML
Additionally experience with SAP Portal, Web portal development, and UI design is a strength.
Looking for a candidate that can immediately comprehend web portal requirements and be able to design a foundation for the application, using appropriate technologies, apply modern design, and lead 10+ developers in an Agile environment to deliver projects.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
10+ years of Enterprise Application Java experience preferred. SAP Portal with Netweaver development preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Posting Date: Mar 31, 2015, 10:12:10 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology