In an ever-changing world, the fundamental necessity for SMEs to be able to act quickly on their feet means that software systems have to be equally adaptable.
Advanced technologies bring the security needed to continuously push boundaries and expand business impact worldwide. Today, democratized technology decreases the barriers to create new businesses, reduces the necessary capital investment, and allows smaller firms to compete with larger, more established companies. SMEs are the giants of the economy. See and hear how SAP helps them run live so they can Run Simple.
Live from the NYC offices, SAP will broadcast the 8th SAP SME Summit on Thursday, November 17, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. ET.
SMEs Continue to Drive SAP Business
Today, 80 percent of SAP customers are small and midsize enterprises, totaling around 250,000 companies. During the first half of 2016, SAP welcomed 13,000 new SME customers, a more than five percent increase in just six months. The SAP SME Summit features a variety of these customers, and representatives will highlight the benefits they have gained from implementing SAP solutions.
These customers include:
- McInnis Cement, a cement company thatused SAP S/4HANA to support startup and growth of its business
- Annie Selke, a lifestyle brand that implemented SAP Hybris Commerce to merge its multiple websites into a single, scalable platform.
- Amazonas Sustainable Foundation (FAS), a non-profit that has implemented SAP Business One to help further its mission of promoting sustainable involvement, environmental conservation, and improving the quality of life of coastal communities in the Amazon.
- Osterhout Design Group, which is using SAP Business ByDesign to systematize the business processes behind its Augmented Reality Smartglasses.
- Microbattery.com, a leading provider of micro batteries in the Americas that implemented SAP Anywhere to meet multi-channel business-to-business and business-to-consumer commerce needs.
9:00 – 9:05: Welcome Remarks
- Hernan Marino, COO Marketing, SAP
9:05 – 9:10: Why SAP?
9:10 – 10:10: Conversation with Rodolpho Cardenuto, president, Global Channels & General Business
- Part One: Q&A
- Part Two: Conversation with Customers / Partners
- Donald Dickinson, President, Dickinson & Associates
- Laetitia Debout, Business Relationship Manager, McInnis Cement
- Monica Cleveland, vice-president eCommerce, Annie Selke
- Ken Redler, CTO, cSubs
10:10 – 10:30: Audience Q&A
10:30 – 11:30: Conversation with Barry Padgett, president, SMB Solutions
- Part One: Q&A
- Part Two: Conversation with Customers
- P. Moriarty, CFO, Osterhout Design Group
- Jeff Becker, CEO, Microbattery.com
- André Ballesteros, Institutional Development & Partnerships, Amazonas Sustainable Foundation
11:30 – 11:40: Audience Q&A
- Live from the SAP SME Summit in New York City from 1-1:30 p.m. #SMBTalks: Lunch & Learn — Big Data is THE Secret Weapon for Small Businesses (Join the discussion here)
- Susan Solovic: Small business expert, award-winning, serial entrepreneur, media personality (Former ABC News Small Business Contributor) and a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today bestselling author (@susansolovic)
- Barbara Weltman: Premier consultant for small businesses and author of numerous books including J.K. Lasser’s Small Business Taxes, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting a Home-Based Business, and The Rational Guide to Building Small Business Credit (@BarbaraWeltman)
- Karen Kerrigan: President & CEO of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council (@KarenKerrigan)
via SAP News Center http://news.sap.com/sap-sme-summit-2016-small-giants/