BARCELONA — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the expansion of SAP Cloud Platform, formerly known as SAP HANA Cloud Platform, with new capabilities and enhancements to provide an industry-leading platform as a service (PaaS).
Accelerated innovation from SAP targets growing competitive public cloud platform-as-a-service market, estimated to be US$33.3 billion by 2020*
SAP provides an agile digital enterprise platform for customers, partners and developers
With a comprehensive set of new business services, SAP Cloud Platform addresses the most critical business needs by making it easy and fast to build new applications, expedite the extension and integration of SAP apps, power innovative Internet of Things (IoT) scenarios, accelerate Big Data projects and enable machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. This announcement was made at Mobile World Congress being held February 27–March 2 in Barcelona.
“Since the launch of our PaaS offering three years ago, it has evolved to become the digital enterprise platform of choice that enables customers, partners and developers to build differentiating solutions that intelligently connect people, things and businesses,” said Bernd Leukert, member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, Products & Innovation. “To represent its breadth of capabilities, it has been rebranded as SAP Cloud Platform. This platform creates digital differentiation by connecting a rapidly growing number of smart devices and machines with people and processes to achieve superior business outcomes.”
Numerous SAP enterprise apps and over 1,000 partner apps have already been built on SAP Cloud Platform. New services are continually being added to SAP Cloud Platform providing the foundation for SAP Leonardo, SAP’s portfolio of IoT solutions that connects intelligent devices with people and processes; SAP Clea, the portfolio of machine learning solutions and services; and the SAP BusinessObjects Cloud solution portfolio, including SAP Digital Boardroom.
Customers Share the Benefits of SAP Cloud Platform
Aesculap, a division of the global operating healthcare company B. Braun Melsungen AG, focuses on products and services for core processes in surgery.
“Together with SAP we have been able to develop a tool for Aesculap that makes life easier for hospital staff,” said Martin Runkel, managing director, B. Braun IT Service GmbH. “Using SAP Cloud Platform, we developed an iOS app that simplifies management of sterile containers for surgical instruments. This enables hospitals to increase hygiene and quality of surgical instruments, especially in emerging markets, where hospitals are often not as well equipped.”
New Services That Have Been Added to SAP Cloud Platform
- SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS planned for release on March 30, aims to give developers, designers and businesses the tools and scalability they need to quickly and efficiently build powerful enterprise-grade apps for iPhone and iPad, based on SAP Cloud Platform and built in Swift, Apple’s modern programming language.
- SAP Project Companion mobile app, planned for release on March 30, is a native iOS app that aims to provide integration through SAP Cloud Platform with the SAP S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud solution, taking advantage of real-time data and dramatically simplifying the experience for consultants, project managers and other users who are typically on the go.
- SAP API Business Hub provides a catalog of application programming interfaces (APIs) for SAP applications. New APIs are added continuously to make it easier to build out and test new functionality and applications. Examples include new APIs for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud suite, SAP Mobile Service application and SAP Localization Hub, tax service.
- SAP Cloud Platform Workflow service, general availability planned by March 30, aims to redefine enterprise business functions by quickly and easily connecting them within a graphical interface for business analysts to rapidly create new composite workflows for business processes.
- SAP Cloud Platform Virtual Machine service, introduced in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region in November 2016, is planned to be available in the United States in Q1 2017. It helps customers complete their solution landscapes by adding workloads based on existing on-premise software or languages and runtimes that can now run directly on SAP Cloud Platform.
- SAP Cloud Platform IoT service is now available in a beta version. With support for more than 40 device protocols, this device management service can help companies leverage the IoT for immediate detection and quicker response. The new release aims to integrate IoT services with the SAP Cloud Platform Streaming Analytics service for faster processing of streaming data.
- SAP Cloud Platform Big Data Services (formerly Altiscale) offers Hadoop in the cloud for providing the foundation for Big Data applications.
- New data centers are located in Japan and China with full local language support.
SAP Cloud Platform is the agile cloud application and integration solution supporting the extension of digital core applications, including SAP S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, Concur and other SAP apps. With over 1,000 apps built by SAP and over 600 partners on SAP Cloud Platform, SAP customers and partners alike can take advantage of the benefits of the cloud and connectivity to business networks.
“As an early adopter of SAP Cloud Platform, Accenture has developed several innovative applications to maximize the value of our clients’ SAP SuccessFactors solution investment,” said Christophe Mouille, senior managing director and Global SAP practice lead at Accenture. “We are also developing on SAP Cloud Platform through the Accenture Liquid Studio for SAP Solutions, which rapidly prototypes and delivers applications for our clients, using new breakthrough technologies such as machine learning, the Internet of Things and advanced analytics to accelerate their digital transformation. We look forward to continue using SAP Cloud Platform to help our clients innovate and deliver business results at speed.”
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 345,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
*IDC, Worldwide Competitive Cloud Public Cloud Platform as a Service Forecast 2016–2020, doc #US40779916, July 2016
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2017 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://ift.tt/1gK6Kcn for additional trademark information and notices.
via SAP News Center http://ift.tt/2mmuSP5